CONTACT Lancaster Helpline provides 24 hour or after hours answering
services for the following agencies and programs:
Lebanon County Teen Line
Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services of Lancaster County
The mission of the Deaf Services Department is to facilitate information
transfer and education for both the deaf community and the general public.
Among the services and products offered by Deaf Services:
Books and videos related to deafness, deaf
culture, hard-of-hearing issues and hearing loss.
- Community Sign Language Classes :
- Beginners I & II,
- Medical terminology (occasionally offered),
- Religious signs (occasionally offered),
- Music (occasionally offered),
- Assistive Devices:
- Alert Master Doorbell,
- Amplified phones,
- In-Line telephone amplifiers,
- Knock Light,
- Portable Fire Alarms,
- Shake Awake,
- Sonic Boom Alert Alarm Clock,
- Vibrating alarm clocks and watches,
- Many others!
- Textbooks and Videos:
- "Idiots Guide to Sign Language",
- "Signing Naturally" (text and video series),
- "Signing- How to Speak with Your Hands",
- Other titles available by catalog order,
- Coordination of Social activities and fundraisers:
- ASL Monthly Social,
- Craft Sales,
- Open-Captioning Movies (Regal Manor Cinema),
- Tax Assistance Nites- VITA (seasonal),
- Weekly Deaf Weight Watchers Meeting,
- Weekly Deaf AA Meetings,
- Monthly Newsletter, Community News,
- Information and Referral on specialized topics related to deafness
and hearing loss such as deaf-blindness, deaf minimal language skilled,
CODAS, parents information, etc,
- Lending Library :
United Way LINCNeed help? Know someone
who needs help?
Find out where you can get the services you need.
Contact United Way LINC at 717.291.LINC (5462) or search for our Community
Services Resource database now, by clicking here .
The Community Services Resource database is also available at kiosks located
at Park City Center in the food court, Lancaster CareerLink and at the Community
Action Program (CAP) office at 601 South Queen Street in Lancaster.
United Way LINC is the first place to call when you have a question or problem
and don't know where to turn. Trained professionals provide fast, complete
and confidential information. They answer questions and refer you to services
in our community that can help. And best of all, thanks to generous gifts
to the United Way of Lancaster County, this service is available to everyone
in our community, free of charge.